Eggs are not only a great source of protein and nutrients, but they can also be used as a beauty treatment for your hair and skin. If you’re looking for an all-natural way to improve your appearance, try using an egg pack on your face or in your hair. You’ll be surprised at how well it works!
Looking for the best egg packs for your face? Look no further – we’ve got you covered! We’ve rounded up some of the best recipes for you to try, and bonus tip – these are made with egg white, which is even more effective for your skin!
Table of Contents
Benefits of eggs for face
Eggs are packed with healthy fats, which help to maintain the skin’s lustre and elasticity. Egg whites also help to prevent fine lines and wrinkles, as they tighten the skin and increase its elasticity.
In addition, egg packs are also good at balancing the sebum levels of the skin. This means that if you apply egg packs to your face, you will have healthy and glowing skin which is not oily.
Egg whites and lemon mask
If you have acne-prone skin, this face mask may be just what you’ve been waiting for. Lemon is a natural skin-lightening agent that contains Vitamin C, which helps reduce pigmentation and even out the tone of your skin.
Honey also reduces pimples while nourishing your skin, making this a great antibacterial face mask.
To make this egg and honey mask, you will need:
- -1 egg white
- -1/2 teaspoon of honey
- -1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg white, honey, and lemon juice until combined.
- Apply the mixture to your face using clean fingers.
- Leave the mask on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water and follow witth your regular moisturizer.
- Use this mask twice a week for best results.
2. Egg white and oranges mask
If you’re looking for something to help with pigmentation or uneven skin tone, oranges are a great option! They’re rich in vitamin C, which helps reduce pigmentation and dark spots. Adding egg white and turmeric to the mix makes it even more effective at brightening dull, darkening skin.
Turmeric is antibacterial, so it helps get rid of acne and scars. Egg white helps bind everything together and also has anti-aging properties. This concoction can also help prevent vitiligo, photo aging, and other skin conditions.
- – 1 egg white
- – 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- – 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Apply to face and neck area.
- Rinse after it dries.
- Apply moisturiser.
- Use this twice a week for best results
3. Egg white, avocado and yogurt mask
Introducing the Avocado & Yogurt Face Mask, a nourishing and hydrating face mask that leaves your skin looking gorgeous and radiant.
Avocado is a rich source of fatty acids, making it an excellent moisturizing agent that also protects against harmful UV rays and soothes the skin.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, which naturally exfoliates the skin, and helps prevent premature aging. Together with egg whites, these ingredients are great for your skin’s health and appearance.
For best results, follow these directions when making your egg white, yogurt, and avocado face mask:
- -Start with one egg white
- -Add one teaspoon of yogurt
- -Then, add 1/4th of a ripe, mashed avocado
- -Mix all ingredients together to form a paste
- -Apply the paste to your face and neck
- -Let the paste sit for 20 minutes
- -Wash it off with cold water
- -Apply moisturizer
- -Do this twice a week for best results!
4. Egg white mask
This egg mask is simple to make and effective in getting rid of blackheads and dirt that builds up on the face from pollution and other factors.
- To make an egg white mask:
- -Take 1 egg white
- -Take a paper towel or a tissue
- -Whisk the egg white until it froths
- -Now apply this on your face with a brush
- -Place the paper towels on your face
- -Re-coat with the egg white mix
- -Let it rest for 10 minutes
- -Check if the paper towels are dry
- -Slowly peel off the towels
- -Rinse off your face and apply moisturiser
- -Use this once a week for best results
5. Egg, cucumber and honey mask
This mask is perfect for those with sensitive skin as the ingredients are all gentle and have no adverse reaction. Egg whites and honey work together to firm and hydrate the skin while cucumber cools it down with its antioxidant and soothing properties. Mixing all these together gives your skin a spa-like experience that is perfect for anyone looking for a relaxing mask.
To make this face mask, you will need:
- – 1 egg white
- – 1 teaspoon of yogurt
- – 1 teaspoon of honey
- – 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice
Mix all of the ingredients together to form a paste, then apply it to your face. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes, then rinse it off and apply a moisturizer. For best results, use this mask once a week.
6. Egg and lemon mask
This face mask is different from the first one we discussed. The first one was specifically for acne-prone skin, but this one is more effective for oily skin in general.
Of course, it may still help treat acne. This face mask helps balance the skin’s sebum and pH levels, making it less oily and more radiant.
To make this egg and lemon face mask, you will need:
- – 1 egg white
- – The juice from half a lemon
- whisk the egg white and lemon juice together in a bowl;
- apply the mixture to your face and neck area;
- let it sit for 15 minutes;
- rinse it with warm water;
- apply moisturizer; and
- use this mask twice a week for best results.
7. Egg, castor oil and aloe vera mask
This face mask is perfect for ageing skin. It contains ingredients that prevent the signs of ageing and help to reverse existing wrinkles by increasing collagen production. As a result, the skin appears finer, smoother and plumper.
Aloe vera replenishes the skin’s lost moisture while working on collagen production. It also reduces pores and increases the elasticity of the skin. Castor oil adds a soft glow to the skin.
To make an egg white and castor oil face mask, mix together:
- -1 egg white
- -1 teaspoon of castor oil
- -1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel or juice
Then apply the paste to your face and neck area. Wash off after 20 minutes, and follow up with a moisturizer. Use this mask twice a week for best results.
What is the best way to apply egg packs to your face
The potency of your face pack doesn’t just come from the ingredients, but also from the way you apply it. Follow these tips for best results:
- Don’t leave the pack on for longer than necessary – rinse it off as soon as it dries.
- Apply the pack to a clean face.
- Use a headband to keep the pack off your hair.
- Wear an old t-shirt to avoid making a mess.
- Do a patch test before applying the face pack to your entire face, to avoid allergies.
- Use a makeup brush to apply the mask evenly.