Many people still print documents on physical papers, and later they need to convert it into editable text. In this situation, and OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tools help the people by taking those printed files and converting them into an editable and machine-readable file. Many OCR tools in the market can easily confuse you. That’s why we have selected the Best 3 OCR Tools for Text Recognition and provide their features and usage for you.
Table of Contents
Best 3 OCR Tools for Text Recognition
OCR tools are useful for researches, students, and office work. So, let’s discuss the best 3 OCR tools for your needs.
1. Photo Scan
Photo Scan, created by Define Studio, is a free OCR tool that can be downloaded from Microsoft Store. As it is a free tool, so it comes with ads, but they will not distract you. You can choose a file from your computer or use a webcam to give it an image. Another amazing feature of this app is that you can listen to the text by clicking the Read Aloud button. You can save the OCR format into Word, HTML, XML, Rich Text, and Log format.
Follow these simple steps to convert your file with the help of Photo Scan:
- Step 1: As mentioned above, it is a desktop app, so you need to download it first. After downloading, install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Open the app and upload your file in it.
- Step 3: Select the output format, such as text, HTML, XML, Rich Text, and Log format.
- Step 4: Click on the Start button now. It will take a few seconds to convert your OCR file.
- Step 5: Download the processed file.
2. (a9t9) Free OCR Windows App
(A9t9) Free OCR Windows App is the best platform for converting OCR files. As the name suggests, it is suitable for Windows only. You cannot use it on other operating systems such as Linux, Ubuntu, or Mac. This app supports 21 international languages for converting your image into text. If you want to remove the ads, go for the paid version; otherwise, all features are free to use.
You need to follow these steps for converting your OCR file with the help of (a9t9) Free OCR Windows App:
- Step 1: Download (a9t9) Free OCR Windows App on your windows operating system computer and install it.
- Step 2: Launch the app and insert your file you want to convert.
- Step 3: Now select your preferred language and press the convert button.
- Step 4: the system is super-fast, so that it will take your few seconds. Now you can download your file or copy the text and paste it on your desired location.
Onlineconvertfree.com is the best and reliable online converting tool available in the market. It can convert photos of the documents, scanned documents, invoices, business cards, automatic receipts, mail, or any other static data into a machine-readable format. It is free and supports a different kind of (more than two hundred) file formats. The available pages per day are 30; for more pages, you need to sign up.
For converting your file, you must follow these steps:
- Step 1: It is an online tool, so you don’t need to download it. Click on this link: https://onlineconvertfree.com/ocr/
- Step 2: Select the file you want to convert from DropBox, Google Drive, or your computer. You can also drag the file on the page.
- Step 3: Select the languages that are used in your documents and the desired output format.
- Step 4: hit the “Recognize” tab and download your file.
We have discussed the Best 3 OCR Tools for Text Recognition that is free to use. I hope this short user guide will help you to select the best option for you.