Anxiety is amongst the most major mental health conditions, affecting an estimated 40 million people in the United States. Although there are various types of anxiety, they have similar signs and symptoms. These include excessive worry, muscular tension, poor concentration, irritability, or sleep difficulties.
CBD gummies have been shown to alleviate some of these symptoms by providing relief and relaxation throughout the body and brain. To know more about CBD gummies, click here.
However, it’s not a cure-all for all anxiety sufferers. Here’s how CBD gummies can help with anxiety and what you should look for in a quality product like Dynawellness — the best brand of soft cannabis chews.
What Exactly Are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies offer a discreet and easy-to-consume solution for regular CBD users. These edible candies contain a certain level of clinically approved CBD that helps them relax without causing any psychedelic effects. These candies come in a variety of exotic flavors, shapes, and sizes and each product range has its own level of concentration and potency.
They are generally made from CBD extracted strictly from the hemp plant that is known to have negligible traces of the psychoactive component of cannabinoids called THC.
The purpose of using CBD gummies depends on the user. However, they are mostly used for recreational or medical purposes.
How Does CBD Gummies Relieve Anxiety?
Studies surrounding the authenticity of CBD’s healing effects on anxiety are limited. However, research suggests that CBD stimulates serotonin production which helps in dealing with anxiety.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates your sleep, mood, and behavior. An adequate level of serotonin in your body stabilizes mood swings and promotes a feeling of happiness and well-being. In fact, many antidepressants that are prescribed by doctors work on the same principle of increasing serotonin production. Hence, it is believed that CBD as well might work on the same principle and help you deal with anxiety.
However, the same does not apply to its effects on depression. Although a certain group of researchers believes that CBD can treat depression the same it helps with anxiety, there is little evidence to prove that.
What Does Research Say About The Impact Of CBD On Anxiety?
CBD has been gaining massive traction over the years owing to its large-scale legalization across many countries. Its growing popularity has egged researchers to find out more about its effect on the human body.
- CBD and its relationship with anxiety are one of the most popular research topics. In a study conducted by the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) for generalized anxiety disorder, it was seen that CBD helps in reducing stress in animals like rats.
- In another 2011 study, researchers found that participants with a social anxiety disorder (SAD) experienced a considerable decrease in their anxiety symptoms after they were given a 400mg oral dose of CBD.
- Also, in a 2019 study, it was found that CBD helps deal with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Through the study, 91% of the total participants who were given CBD reported reduced stress and anxiety symptoms.
- In 2019, another study was conducted to observe the effects of CBD on sleep along with anxiety. It was found that 70% of the participants experienced better sleep during the first month, and 80% reported reduced anxiety symptoms.
What Is The Perfect CBD Dosage For Treating Anxiety?
There is no universal dosage of CBD that works for every person dealing with anxiety. The dosage depends on many factors including purpose, age, sex, weight, and the strength of the gummy.
However, according to the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), most commercially sold CBD gummies have enough CBD content to help you deal with anxiety,
Also, many reputable brands mention the adequate dosage for their gummies as well as the precautions beginners might take with their first dose on their website and product description page.
Another piece of research also suggests that 300 to 600mg of CBD is enough to deal with situational anxiety for people with and without a chronic anxiety disorder.
However, it is always advised that before you take your first CBD gummy, you consult a licensed practitioner to get the dosage right. After all, CBD gummies in this case are just like any other medication and hence shouldn’t be taken without legitimate medical advice.
The Other Benefits of CBD Gummies
CBD gummies not only help with anxiety but also help with many other health issues like pain or insomnia. It acts as a natural stress reliever.
The research above shows that it can be very beneficial to some people and help them deal with anxiety and stress. However, these are not the only benefits of CBD gummies. Some of the other benefits of it are:
- Pain alleviation: According to studies, CBD gummies can relieve pain if consumed daily. However, you should still consult your doctor before any regular doses.
- Improves the quality of sleep: CBD actively helps relax your muscles, reduces anxiety, pain and helps in calming your nervous system. All these benefits collaborate to help you get better sleep at night.
- Reduces Acne: Although there is minimal research on this subject, it is believed that CBD can help you get rid of acne.
Is It Possible to Get High with CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies contain no psychoactive chemicals that can make you high. It is derived from hemp and goes through extensive distillation to remove every trace of THC (the psychoactive element in marijuana). It is THC that gives the “high” feeling. And that’s why the federal laws of most countries deem any CBD products with a THC content higher than 0.3% as illegal.
CBD is still a relatively new research subject and there is a long way to go in authenticating its medicinal benefits on anxiety, stress, and depression. However, all the research conducted so far suggests that although it might not be a replacement for medicines, it can certainly be used to mitigate these mental health issues.
You just need to ensure that you take the right dosage from a reliable brand with zero traces of THC. And lastly, everything has its benefits and disadvantages so choose wisely. It is important to do proper research on CBD and consult your doctor before you start.