Game of Thrones prequel is coming. Deadline reports are close to ordering a pilot for a show about House Targaryen, based on George R.R. Martin’s book Fire & Blood. The project is co-executive produced by George R.R. Martin and Colony co-creator/exec producer Ryan Condal. This Deadline of the story is based on a treatment dreamed up by Game of Thrones scribe Bryan Cogman, back when HBO was first exploring what kind of show would follow up its monster hit. The pitch was shelved and Cogman moved on to other things. But it is looking like the idea that is coming back in revised form.
Game Of Thrones Story Report
- Deadline first reported had ordered a second Thrones prequel pilot, and it is based on the first of George R.R. Martin’s House Targaryen history books, Fire and Blood. Per the reports, the show is set 300 years before the events in Game of Thrones and tracks the beginning of the end for House Targaryen.
- Their demise started with the Targaryen civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons, which “will be a significant part of the TV adaptation. An anthology series would be allowing HBO to tell both stories, and it also to mix in another engrossing era of Targaryen upheaval that took place between them.
- After his death, Aegon’s two sons were beset by major problems that risked Targaryen’s power. One son proved ineffectual, the other cruel, and combined the story of Aegon’s successors would make for a riveting couple of TV seasons as well.
- HBO is making this show and George R.R. Martin might be released some new books, these are including the second part of Fire and Blood.
- It will be recounting more attempts by Targaryen kings to conquer Dorne, the odd rule of Baelor the Blessed, the despicable reign of Aegon the Unworthy and the Blackfyre Rebellions.
- The Tragedy of Summerhall where Dunk and Egg both died trying to hatch dragon eggs, and finally the death of the Mad King. But each would be making for an amazing entry in an anthology series.