Cooler September temperatures have given rise to a number of fall 2019 fashion trends among the street style set, who are forgoing their traditional summer wear for more layers, including printed suits, matching sets, and cardigans.
While many are gravitating toward the monochromatic look in hues of green, purple and beige, hot pink has proven to be the favorite color of the season, with many adding the pop of color to a muted look or wearing it from head-to-toe.
Here are the best Fall trends for office that’s equal parts professional and on-trend.
1. The Midi Skirt – Feminine silhouettes are making a huge comeback this season, and one of the popular styles for the workplace is the midi skirt. Balance out the longer length and volume of a midi skirt with a fitted top and a great pair of pumps—it is perfect combo even for conservative offices.
2. Modern Suit – Suits no longer have to be matchy-matchy. Mixing different fabrics, colors, and lengths is a great way to achieve a look that’s sophisticated enough for the office but fun enough to take you through to a night out. Try a solid blazer with printed trousers or a deep jewel-toned piece paired with black to keep this look fresh and office-appropriate.
3. Pants – We’ve long been fans of printed denim and are loving that prints have made their way to more office-friendly fabrics. Try a fun geometric print, or, if you like a bit of a bolder print, the Ponte check Whit wears is perfect. Keep your outfit sharp with a solid-colored sweater or blouse and a simple pair of heels.
4. Leather – Daytime leather is making a massive comeback! To try this trend at work, play up a cable knit sweater with a sleek leather skirt, try a leather jacket in place of a blazer, or wear a leather peplum top with classic pants. The key is sticking to one standout piece.
5. Black and White – Black and white outfits definitely top our list of favorite trends because they’re so easy to embrace! Stock up on solid blacks or whites that you can mix and match all autumn long—the colors are timeless and will work well beyond this season too.
6. Animal Prints – If you’re seeing spots (and stripes), you’re not alone — and experts say you can expect them to start showing up even more in the coming months. Be it shoes, skirts or pants, animal print can do wonders.
7. Accessories – We’re seeing standout accessories all over the runways this season. One of our favorite ways to wear the trend is with necklace layering—wearing two or three chains together is a great way to add some sparkle and glam up an outfit. Shy about wearing too much color? Start out slow with a bold bag or clutch.