One of the more popular tools for tracking crypto transactions is a Blockchain explorer. These sites allow you to see the historical data on a particular blockchain. They often have additional features such as peek at transaction data from different blockchains cryptocurrency tickers from exchanges. Some allow you to do essential mining with your CPU or GPU.
These sites are beneficial for newcomers to the crypto world. They can sometimes be more beneficial than websites that provide information on a specific cryptocurrency. For example, you can use these tools to search for specific transactions and view them before signing up for a cryptocurrency exchange. You can also see how much a cryptocurrency has changed in the past and where it’s going in the future.
The BTC blockchain is one of the most popular out there. It’s used for all transactions that involve Bitcoin, so if you want to know how much a specific wallet has or how a particular exchange was holding many Bitcoin, you need to go to the BTC blockchain.
However, other blockchains can also be used for similar tasks. For example, the use of Ethereum allows you to track Ether movements and interact with smart contracts on the blockchain. A BTC explorer allows you to interact with the Bitcoin blockchain and view past transactions.
Some sites work with a specific coin or token. You can track Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple from this single site. Many of these tools allow you to do mining on top of the blockchains themselves. For example, hodlonaut uses a mining pool for Bitcoin and Ethereum. Or you can use a site that has trading symbols for all coins on the market, such as Coinmarketcap.
To find a block explorer, you can go to coinmarketcap.com and click the drop-down button next to the currency you want to search for a block explorer for. Some tools allow you to peek at specific transactions for a single blockchain, like this site. They work by allowing you to input transaction hashes and view them in an easy-to-read format. For example, you can use this tool to view a specific Bitcoin transaction. Once you’ve found your explorer of choice, it’s essential to understand how they work and how they compare to each other.
Table of Contents
What Does an Explorer Do
In short, block explorers can be used for various tasks. However, their primary purpose is to allow users to track the transaction data on a blockchain.
This is helpful for a variety of reasons. First, it will allow you to view both incoming and outgoing transactions. This can be useful if you want to see where your coins went and how they got there or if you want to see what happens if your wallet address is compromised. You can also check at any time to find out how much currency you have in your wallet.
The steps to finding a blockchain explorer
- Go to coinmarketcap.com and click on the drop-down menu next to the currency you want to track transactions from. This will bring up a list of block explorers for that currency or blockchain. You can go through this list and see which one best suits your needs, but you have a few options;
The first option is to use a block explorer designed explicitly for a particular blockchain. Again, talk to an experienced trader or crypto money manager to determine which block explorer is best for your needs. You can also find a blockchain explorer specifically designed for specific types of transactions, such as Bitcoin or another altcoin.
- You can also look at the different block explorers’ different features. Some allow you to track trading history, while others offer detailed information on transactions in Bitcoins, Ethereum, etc. Some also offer tools for mining on their blockchain, either with your CPU or GPU.
- Look for reviews of the different blockchain explorers. Many reviewers have tried every explorer and have rated them based on their features, ease of use, and other relevant aspects. Take a look at these reviews and see which one seems to be the best option for your needs.
- You can also look at the user base of a particular block explorer. This will tell you how many users and how actively they transact using that site. Some block explorers have a small user base, while others have thousands of active users or more. You can also see how popular a site is by looking at its daily traffic.
- Consider how much it will cost you to use this particular explorer. Some block explorers are free, others have a fixed fee for using the service before using it, and others charge by the transaction. You can also see what type of currency each explorer supports and which ones don’t (if they offer support for one or more blockchains). You can also look at the different technical aspects of a site. For example, you’ll want to look at the site’s speed and its capabilities.
The sites listed are all different types of block explorers, but many other block explorers don’t fit into these categories. For example, you can use a multi-currency block explorer that allows you to track not only Bitcoin but Ethereum and Litecoin and get detailed transaction information on all three currencies.
A BTC block explorer will allow you to track Bitcoin transactions, but you can also use a litecoin explorer if you wish to track Litecoin data. Lots of block explorers give you greater functionality at a lower cost. Using a blockchain explorer is essential because it lets you see how your coins move and where they go. If everything is in order, there should be no problems with how coins are moved around or how transactions are handled.
In summary, a blockchain explorer allows you to track the movement of your cryptocurrency. This is important if you run a business where you accept Bitcoin or other currencies as payment because if you don’t know where your coins are, you won’t know when they’re ready to be cashed out and redistributed.