It can be hard to be away from your family during the holidays. If you’re unable to make it home for the celebrations, don’t worry! You can still join in on the fun with help from FaceTime. For today’s advice, join us as we give you some tips on how to have a virtual holiday celebration with your extended family. All so you and yours can stay connected and happy this season with these tips!
Table of Contents
Happy Holidays With Virtual Traditions
Even if you can’t be with your family in person, you can still celebrate the holidays together over FaceTime! Get everyone in on the fun by sharing recipes, telling stories, or even just catching up. You may not be able to share a physical space, but with FaceTime, you can still enjoy each other’s company and create new traditions.
Celebrating Holidays With Extended Family
Here are some things to talk about on FaceTime and things you can do over FaceTime to make your virtual holiday celebration special:
Share Recipes and Cooking Tips
One of the best things about holidays is the food! If you’re not able to be with your family for a holiday meal, why not cook together over FaceTime? You can share recipes, cooking tips, and even get everyone involved in preparing the meal. This is a great way to bond and make some new memories, even when you’re miles apart.
Tell Stories and Share Memories
Holidays are also a time for sharing stories and memories. Use FaceTime to catch up with your extended family and hear about what’s been going on in their lives. You can also share some of your memories and stories. This is a great way to connect with your family, even if you can’t be physically present.
Play Games Together Virtually
Just because you’re not in the same room doesn’t mean you can’t have fun together! There are a variety of games that can be played over FaceTime. From card games to charades, there’s sure to be something everyone will enjoy. This is a great way to stay connected and have some fun.
Show Off Your Holiday Decorations
One of the best things about the holidays is all of the festive decorations. If you can’t be with your family to share in the holiday cheer, why not show off your holiday decorations over FaceTime? This is a great way to get everyone into the holiday spirit.
Sit Down for a Virtual Meal Together
Just because you’re not in the same room doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a holiday meal together. You can use FaceTime to have a virtual meal together. This is a great way to connect with your family and enjoy some of your favorite holiday foods, even if you’re apart.
More Things to Talk About During FaceTime Conversations
Not sure what to talk about during your FaceTime call? Here are some timely topics you can bring up to keep the conversation going.
- How has your year been?
- What have you been doing lately?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Do you have any new hobbies?
- What’s been going on in the news?
- How is your family doing?
Tips on How to Have a Fun Virtual Holiday Celebration
Now that you know some things to talk about, here are some tips on how to have a virtual holiday celebration that is fun and festive:
- Plan ahead: Just like you would if you were getting together in person, plan for your virtual holiday celebration. Choose a date and time that works for everyone, send out invitations, and make sure everyone knows what to expect.
- Download the app: Make sure everyone has the FaceTime app downloaded and set up on their devices before the holiday celebration.
- Create a schedule: Establish an itinerary of things to do during the call so that everyone knows what to expect.
- Get creative: There are endless possibilities when it comes to celebrating holidays over FaceTime. And since you’re not limited by space, get creative! You can do things like have a virtual talent show or singalong, or even just exchange holiday gifts over video.
- Make it special: Take some time to decorate your space for the occasion. This will help get everyone into the festive spirit and make the call feel more special. You can also ask everyone to wear their favorite holiday clothing or make a special holiday treat to enjoy during the call.
Wrapping Up: Benefits of Staying Connected With Loved Ones
When you can’t be with your loved ones in person, FaceTime is the next best thing. It allows you to see and talk to each other, no matter where you are in the world. And with these tips, you can make your virtual holiday celebration fun and festive for everyone involved! So go ahead and give FaceTime a try this holiday season. You may be surprised at how much fun you have.