So, your Xbox One console won’t turn on? Well, that’s that. Throw it away and grab a book. Either that or you can troubleshoot the problem and get the system working again.
A quick power reset is usually all that’s needed to get an unresponsive Xbox One console working, and with an Xbox One S and X power supply, a reset is as simple as unplugging the console for a few seconds.
If your Xbox One won’t power on or it keeps turning itself off, first check the power supply cable connection points at the console and wall outlet, and test the outlet with another electrical device to ensure it isn’t the problem. Here’s a solution to all your problems
How to check your Xbox One’s power supply
- An unresponsive Xbox One power brick usually involves an issue with the power supply. First, ensure the power cable is firmly inserted in the back of the console and that the plug is properly connected to an AC wall outlet.
2. If all is in order there, next check the outlet itself, either with a digital multimeter or simply by connecting a different electrical device to the outlet and seeing if it works.
How to do a power reset on your Xbox One
In case your Xbox One console is not receiving power from your power supply unit, the unit may need to be reset.
Just note that if you are experiencing problems with the power supply for the Xbox One X or Xbox One S console, see Your Xbox One X, Xbox One S, or original Xbox One console won’t turn on. Follow these steps to reset your power supply unit:
- Unplug the cables from the console, wall outlet, and power supply itself.
2. Wait 10 seconds. It is important to be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step lets the power supply reset. Make sure you unplug the power supply unit from both the wall and your Xbox One console.
3. Firmly plug the power cable back into the electrical outlet and the power supply. Do not plug the power unit into the console yet.
4. Check the light on the Xbox power supply.
5. If the console turns on, the internal power reset worked. Do this step in the future if the problem happens again.
Still having trouble?
If the console still doesn’t turn on, try the following:
- Check that the wall outlet you are using is working with other devices.
2. Check that the power cable is firmly connected to the wall outlet and to your console.
3. Ensure that you’re using the power cable that came with your console and that it’s the correct cable for your region.
4. If your console still will not turn on, it will need to be serviced. To request service, sign in to the Device Support page with your Microsoft account credentials and submit a service order.