Messy cords on a desk can strike a negative chord with today’s workforce, making a wireless mouse a welcome change from the wired alternative. Aside from aesthetics, a wireless mouse just moves and feels so much better than a wired one.
Mac depends on which type you have. An RF mouse operates off of radio frequencies and requires you to simply plug a USB dongle into your Mac. Make sure the mouse is powered on and within range, and you should be able to use it within the minute – there shouldn’t be any real syncing process required.
A Bluetooth-enabled wireless mouse without a dongle, however, requires you to first sync the mouse with your Mac. Whichever way you prefer, we provide you step-by-step for both of the options.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Wireless Mouse to Mac
According to different connecting technology, there are two types of the wireless mouse. One uses advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity with a tiny USB nano receiver, another type uses Bluetooth wireless technology.
You can choose either method below according to your wireless mouse type to learn more about how to connect your wireless mouse to your Mac.
Method 1 – Connect wireless mouse with USB Receiver
1. Insert the wireless receiver into your computer’s USB port.
2. Turn on your mouse. The power button is usually at the bottom of the mouse. If you can’t find the On/Off button, read the product’s instructions or ask the manufacturer customer service for help.
3. Press your mouse’s “Connection” button. It’s put in different positions on different brands. You can check your mouse’s bottom and top to find it. If you can’t find the button, read the instructions or ask the manufacturer’s customer service for help.
4. Move your mouse around to check the connection.
Method 2 – Connect Bluetooth wireless mouse
Depending on the type of mouse you have, you may need to sync your wireless mouse using your Mac’s Bluetooth menu. Here’s how to connect your mouse via Bluetooth.
1. Turn on your mouse. The power button is usually at the bottom of the mouse. If you can’t find the On/Off button, read the product’s instructions or ask the manufacturer customer service for help.
2. Click the Apple menu displayed on your Desktop.
3. Click System Preferences.
4. Click Bluetooth.