We all face issues with Mac Outlook just like there are issues with MS Outlook. So, let’s talk about Outlook repair.
Outlook for Mac and Windows store the user’s data locally. Outlook for Mac uses the OLM format. On the other hand, Outlook for Windows uses the PST format.
Both MS and Mac Outlook are used widely, but the error messages also pop up once in a while. If you are not a tech-savvy person, such messages might disturb your workflow.
Therefore, we have designed this article to address all the issues related to Outlook repair. This article will teach you all the basics you need to know to fix corrupted files to avoid further issues.
When do you need Outlook Repair?
We have listed the most common issues that occur with Mac Outlook.
- Mac Outlook closes unexpectedly.
- The Outlook is not opening.
- Mac Outlook stops responding
- Blank lines are shown in the messages list
- You can’t find your calendar or contacts information
- The search results don’t match the criteria you set.
- The Outlook is opening aa different item than the one you have selected
- Outlook fails to show the clippings in the Scrapbook
These are a few common signs of corruption. There can also be other signs of a corrupt Outlook Mac database. In such a case, you will need to do Outlook repair to recover the corrupt files.
Steps for Outlook Repair
The following is the list of steps that you need to follow to repair Mac Outlook (2011).
- Quit all applications. You can press the Command and Option keys and then press the Esc button. You can also Force Quit applications.
- After you have quit all the applications, determine the size of your identity. For this, go to the Home option. Then, find the documents folder. In this folder, you will find a subfolder for Microsoft User Data. Click the identity folder and go to its Info. In the info of the folder, you can check the size of the database.
- After you have determined the size of the current identity, you have to make a backup for it.
- After you have duplicated the identity, it is time to rebuild the database. You can select the Rebuild option from the Database Utility window in Mac Outlook. This option will help with Outlook repair.
After you repair a data file, make sure that you save a copy of it.
You can also use different third-party software if you don’t understand the above steps. A popular option is Stellar Repair. You can also use the Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE). It will help you in diagnosing and then repairing errors in your Outlook file.
We hope that the methods we discussed for Outlook repair will help you. It is always good to be prepared against any unforeseen issues. So, make sure that you keep backups regularly. That will help to keep your email communication uninterrupted even if a file gets corrupted.