QR codes, or Quick Response codes, give you quick access to websites without having to type or remember a web address. Believe it or not your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to might just be the best QR reader there is.
However, keep in mind that if you have a newer iPhone, you need a third-party QR code reader. In this related article, we demonstrated how you can create QR code on iPhone with a free QR code creator.
Instead of converting QR code to images on the iPhone, this tiny app can also help iOS users convert images to QR codes right on their iPhone or iPad.
Hence, where it might be through screen or photo album, today, we teach you how you can use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to scan a QR code.
How to scan QR code with iPhone camera
- Open the Camera app from the Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
- Select the rear-facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How to scan QR code from iPhone photo album
- Download and launch the QR creator and reader app on the iPhone.
- You will find the Recognizer and Generator from its home interface.
- Choose Recognizer, you will then find two buttons at the screen bottom.
- Tap on Choose image, browse to your Camera Roll or photo album on iPhone, select and import the QR code image to the QR code reader app.
- Tap on the Scan button at the bottom right corner to start scanning. The scan result will be displayed along with the option to copy it.