Curious about conjuring up the Mac Apple logo? There are a few different ways to type the Apple logo quickly and easily and we’ll cover two of the most popular options below.
If you’re using a PC, you won’t be able to use the keyboard shortcut that requires the option key, and non-Apple operating systems typically don’t feature the Apple logo in their character sets for viewing either.
Follow along for how to type the Apple logo character on Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Table of Contents
So what can you do?
Unlike the Mac, where shift-option-k produces the Apple symbol stock just fine, there’s currently no special character alternative on the iOS keyboard. Right now the quickest and simplest way to enter the Apple symbol font with your iPhone or iPad is to set up a keyboard shortcut.
That way, when you type a combination of letters, iOS will automatically replace them with the Apple symbol. It should be short, so it doesn’t take long to type, but it also needs to be unique, so you’ll never type it as part of another word and trigger the replacement by accident. After some experimentation, we’ve settled on “apple”, but you’ll need to find what works for you.
How to type the Apple logo on Mac
- Use the keyboard shortcut option + shift + K (⌥⇧K) to type.
2. You can also type on Mac, iPhone, and iPad with a Text Replacement shortcut.
3. On your Mac head to System Preferences → Keyboard → Text → + to create a new Text Replacement.
4. If you’re using the same iCloud account across all of your Apple devices, that Text Replacement made on Mac will work on iPhone and iPad.
How to type the Apple logo on iPhone & iPad
If you plan on using the Apple logo often, the text replacement trick is probably the best choice for iOS devices. This is pretty easy too, here’s what you’ll want to do:
- From the iPhone or iPad that you wish to add and type the Apple logo from, visit this web page, then tap and hold on the Apple logo shown below and choose “Copy”.
2. Now go to the Settings app and choose “General” followed by “Keyboard”.
3. Choose “Shortcuts” then tap the + plus button.
4. In the “Phrase” section tap and hold and then select “Paste” to paste the Apple logo into place.
5. Tap into “Shortcut” and use a phrase such as ‘Apple logo’ or another phrase shortcut that won’t conflict with a word you actually want to use – this is going to be automatically replaced by the Apple logo when you write it out.
6. Tap on “Save”.