Dhoni or Mahendra Singh Dhoni is one of the most prominent Indian cricketers who has triumphed in Cricket’s sport at a global level. Sadly, today, on August 15, 2020 – Independence day in India – Mahendra Singh Dhoni is retiring from international Cricket. Born on July 7, 1981, Mr. MS Dhoni started his career in Cricket at a very early age. In 1999, he became the youngest player in the Bihar Cricket team. Till the year 2004, his journey as a part of BCT led him to become a national Cricket player in India.
To begin with, the year 2020 has brought a lot of bad news for the world, yet, somewhere fans of cricket were happy that one day – the mind-blowing Indian Cricket team and Mahendra Singh Dhoni would re-walk to the stadium and give another win to the audience to cheer. However, now it looks like MS Dhoni leaves its fan-following with the memories of his performances through the two decades.
Let’s cheer the following facts about Mahendra Singh Dhoni which make him no less than a legend:
- MS Dhoni has played the maximum number of matches as a captain – a total of 332 games leading the Indian Cricket team towards a Guinness world record.
- Do you know? Mahendra Singh Dhoni has started his career in the Cricket industry as a wicket-keeper. Not only this, but he also holds a Guinness world record for the maximum number of stumpings during international cricket matches – a total of 161 stumpings.
- MSD’s favorite Cricket shot is “Helicopter.”
Table of Contents
Biography on Mahendra Singh Dhoni
In 2016, India’s Bollywood Industry made a documentary on the life and struggles of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The movie was created and directed by Neerja Pandey called “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story.” In the film, Sushant Singh Rajput played the role of “Mahi” or Mahendra Singh Dhoni, shortly known as MSD. Unfortunately, this year, India lost another legend – Sushant Singh Rajput, who was found dead in his apartment in June 2020. Yet, both MSD and Sushant Singh Rajput have left their talents on the big screen to cheer. The upcoming generation will also be able to see the dedication of both legends in what they love and get motivated.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s last match
We never know when is the last until it comes to our doors. Similarly, up until now, Cricket fans all over the world that the ODI World-cup Semi-Final played between India and New Zealand on 9th July 2019 was the last match played by MSD. Even though India has lost the mentioned match, the world will still remember Mahi for his lifetime of victories. They are worth it!
Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Winner who has no boundaries
Without a doubt, Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a winner who has no boundaries. He has won the following top-notch awards that set him apart:
- MSD won Padma Bhushan Award in 2018
- In 2009, Mahi was honored with Padma Shri
- In 2007, he also received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award that stated his highest honor in the Indian Cricket Industry.
Not only this but Mahendra Singh Dhoni has also received the following awards for his Sporting achievements:
- 2008 and 2009 ICC ODI Player of the Year
- From 2006-2014 MSD received nominations for and won ICC World ODI XI
- 2006 MTV Youth Icon of the Year
- 2013 LG People’s Choice Award
- 2011 Honorary doctorate by De Montfort University
Mahi received wordy honor from celebrities
Upon the retirement news of Dhoni, everyone has something to say. Some special mentions are:
Sachin Tendulkar says “Your contribution to Indian cricket has been immense, @msdhoni. Winning the 2011 World Cup together has been the best moment of my life. Wishing you and your family all the very best for your 2nd innings.”
Not only this but on Instagram, Dhoni himself mentioned “Thanks a lot for ur love and support throughout. From 1929 hrs consider me as Retired.” Click here to see his honorary world cup shot video.
So, we hope that the future will see another Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the Indian Cricket team. The Gems like Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Ajar Uddin, and MSD appear once a generation.