A bedroom is a vital part of a home where we spend precious moments with our dear ones. Hence it is essential to enhance its aesthetic appeal and make it a space worth spending time in. The bedroom transformation begins with giving your bed a stylish makeover. It is an important piece of furniture whose appeal can be increased by just choosing the right king size bed sheet. A well-designed king size bed sheet can transform your bedroom into an organized space and give you the experience of living in an expensive hotel. It is a basic accessory which has to be focussed upon when styling your bedroom.
Here are a few tips which will help you buy the perfect king size bed sheet for a perfect bedroom makeover:
- Choose the right colour bedsheet. Select a colour which complements the walls of your bedroom and pair it with matching cushion covers and curtains to brighten your room. Dark coloured bed sheets don’t need a wash often and are low maintenance. The colour of your bed sheet sets the ambience of the bedroom.
- Invest in good quality king size bed sheets. Compromising on the quality of bed sheets that you choose can affect your mental and physical health to a great extent. Bad quality bed sheets affect your sleep cycle and can ruin your complete day. To avoid such a horrid experience, it is crucial to invest your savings in high-quality comfortable cotton bed sheets.
- Focus on the thread count of your bed sheet. Thread count is the count of the number of threads running horizontally and vertically per square inch of the bedsheet fabric. The higher the thread count, the softer is the bed sheet, and the more likely it will wear well. Good sheets range anywhere from 200 to 800. So, remember that higher the thread count, higher is the quality. Such bed sheets are soft, comfortable, and don’t move around when you are sleeping.
- Select a bedsheet of the right material. Bedsheets are commonly available in materials such as cotton, polyester, and silk. Cotton bed sheets are perfect for the summer season as they are light in weight and keep the temperatures relatively low when compared to other materials. Polyester bed sheets, on the other hand, are affordable but have a drawback. Iit is difficult to remove stains from such sheets. Whereas silk bed sheets give a luxurious touch and require a lot of maintenance to be kept in good condition.
- Choose the right size. Bedsheets are available in many sizes. Single bed sheets are the best for single occupancy beds and usually come in the size of 150*220 cm. Whereas king size bed sheets come in large size with dimensions- 270*250 cm and are suitable for beds which accommodate two or more people. It is important to measure your bed properly before buying a bedsheet. The size of your bed sheet should be such that it snugly fits the bed.
- Be aware of the bedsheet’s fibre content. Hundred percent cotton bed sheet is the perfect option in terms of fibre content. When buying a bedsheet, understand its material and the percentage of cotton content in it as many sellers do not sell bed sheets made of 100 percent cotton. Bed sheets made up of a blend of polyester and cotton are commonly found in the markets. These are affordable, do not wrinkle easily, and last for a long time.
- Understand various types of bed sheet weaves available in the market. Sateen and percale are the most commonly found weaves. Sateen sheets are made of 100 percent cotton, have a high thread count, and a lustrous sheen and have a smooth silky feel. Percale sheets are renowned for their tight cotton weave. They are durable and get softer with every wash. Percale sheets are wrinkle proof and make sleeping a comfortable experience.
- Be aware of the bedsheet’s finish. Manufacturers often subject bedsheets to various chemicals to make them durable and wrinkle-free. Chemical-free cotton bed sheets which have a pure finish are prone to wrinkle. These are gaining fame nowadays due to the society’s sudden shift towards organic products. Choose a bedsheet which suits your lifestyle and opinion.
- Understand the environmental impact of bedsheets. Studies have shown that bedsheets with a chemical finish negatively impact the environment. Choosing bed sheets which are lightly dyed and made with a blend of cotton and polyester are perfect for consumers who want to decrease their environmental impact.
Follow these tips to make the best choice while purchasing bedsheets online or offline and give your bedroom a fabulous makeover based on personal taste and mood.