Ne-Yo has confirmed the process of divorce in an interview on Saturday, February 15. He and wife Crystal Renay have split after four years of marriage and they are getting a divorce.
It is slowly but surely becoming public knowledge that I and my wife have decided to go ahead and get a divorce, NE-YO said on the podcast. It is not a sad thing and it is more of us realizing long story short, he is never gonna talk bad about her. I’m not that person. There’s nothing bad to say about her. She is a fantastic woman. She is the mother of my children and she is always gonna be that and I will always respect her.
- NE-YO and Renay are one of the models. First, they were met when he was putting together his 2015 album Non-Fiction. The Grammy-winner once previously people are spoked to about their first encounter.
- Their meeting was initially strictly business, and he had planned on shooting a short film with the album, he explained in 2016. They were met at a restaurant, but she was showed up two hours late.
- She explained later why that was and She was just trying to get some info on him: who I was, if it was really going to be a business meeting or if I was some creep.
- NE-YO continued, When she was sat down, they got to talking, and they just hit it off, more than he thinks either one of this expected. It was strictly business initially, but after a couple of hours of just hanging out, talking, things got a little more personal.
- They are started getting to know each other. The pair were dating two weeks later and then officially tied the knot in February 2016 in an oceanside ceremony just outside of Los Angeles.
- NE-YO has two children from his previous relationship with Monyetta Shaw son Mason Evan age is 8, and daughter Madilyn Grace’s age is 9.