In Pakistan, the driving license is the most required legal document. It approves the Pakistan international driving license holder to work and operate various types of motor vehicles on publicly open streets. Driving licenses can be acquired by submitting an application to any traffic police office/licensing expert in the candidate’s district.
How does the Pakistan international driving license function?
Driving in a foreign country has been in regulation starting from 1926 by the United Nations through 4 global conventions, that was agreed by most nations in the world. Today, the two conventions cover almost 98% of world nations: they were the 1949 Geneva Convention and the 1968 Vienna Convention, and virtually all IDPs are given under these two guidelines. The regulation authorities for the IDP-issuance dwells in the nations that are contracting parties to one or more UN Conventions on Road Traffic. The vast majority of these nations delegate this task to the Automobile Clubs and motoring associations. This is the purpose for why AIT and FIA Clubs are the world’s biggest associations giving IDPs. If there is an Automobile Club that issues IDPs in your nation of residence, this site will assist you with getting to the Club’s IDP data section.
Different functions of a driving license
Translation. The license’s guarantee that your domestic driving permit is justifiable by local officials and authorities in the foreign country where you are driving.
Certify. The issuer of your license affirms that you have a legitimate driving permit in your nation, for example, that you are approved to drive motor vehicles.
Kind of vehicle. The issuer of your license also demonstrates and guarantees what classification or categories of motor vehicles you are approved to drive.
Improving Road Safety. The way that licenses are regularly needed to drive abroad guarantees that each driver is an approved driver, and further develops street security around the world.
Why should you carry an IDP while driving in Pakistan?
Your Pakistan international driving license or IDP is a legitimate type of ID in more than 150 nations worldwide and contains your name, photograph and driver data in the 12 most generally communicated languages on the world – it is justifiable to the vast majority of the local authorities of the nations you visit.
It makes an interpretation of your identification data or information into 12 dialects — so it communicates in the language regardless of whether you know or not. Pakistan strongly suggests an International Driving License Pakistan.
Required Documents for Pakistan international driving license
- Valid Pakistani local driving permit.
- Rs. 30 stamps to be stuck on the application form alongside Rs. 350 as a processing expense. Rs. 30 stamps can be acquired from GPO by requesting for insertion on the application.
- Valid passport identification.
- CNIC duplicate.
- Verification of living in Islamabad like residence.
- Two passport size photos.
- Clinical certificate
Driving Rules in Pakistan for Pakistan international driving license
The extraordinary and stunning magnificence of Pakistan is just waiting for you. It is known for its longest railroad of the world. Investigate the world’s biggest man-made woods in Pakistan. Drive your vehicle to enjoy the stunning spots of this country. A couple of tips to help you and enjoy your driving and trip.
- Drive on the left side of the street.
- For Pakistan international driving license, the minimum driving age is 18 years of age.
- A safety belt is an unquestionable requirement.
- Youngster restriction is also a must.
- Driving affected by alcohol is prohibited in Pakistan.
- The limit of the speed is 50 km/h in metropolitan regions, 80 km in open streets and 120 km/h on highways.
- Third-party insurance is required.
Instructions to Apply
- Visit the legal issuing authority with every necessary report and the suggested changes. for example, In Islamabad, it may be obtained from the Deputy Commissioner Office of Islamabad Capital Territory Administration. It also includes the region in Lahore and Quetta from City Traffic Police.
- Request for the application type of the (IDL OR IDP) Link global driving permit
- Read the guidance cautiously and fill the form accurately and pay the application expenses
- Submit the filled application form with the attached necessary records to the attending official
- You will be needed to appear before the permit issuer who will check your records and process them
- If all the data for your Pakistan international driving license is in place, your permit by the issuing power of the territory for example either the district officer or the city traffic police.
How will I be benefited by carrying a Pakistan international driving license on my next trip abroad?
The Pakistan international driving license or International Driving Permit (IDP) is a document that gives significant data from your driver’s permit in a few languages, including English. This report appeared by virtue of a few UN Conventions on Road Traffic (1926, 1949 and 1968). As an official travel report, the IDP is perceived in over 150 nations today.
How old do I need to be to get a Pakistan international driving license or IDP?
You should be at least 18 years old.
Which address do I use on the IDP application form?
The location that is displayed on your domestic driving permit.
Where would I be able to acquire a license?
The association in control to give license varies across nations. In many nations, Automobile Clubs are approved associations that can issue and authorize you about IDPs.
What amount of time does it require to get the Pakistan international driving license processed?
It differs relying upon the organization which gives the licenses and the process established by the specialists. It tends to be just minutes in a responsible office or it might require weeks if the application should be made by post.
What if I am halted by the police in a nation where an IDP is required and I can’t produce one.
Punishments can go from a fine to a reference. Without an IDP, a driver is thus driving without a legitimate permit and whenever stopped, highway polices may hold onto the vehicle and arrest the driver or give him/her a reference for a required court appearance.
I have been out of the country for over a year, would I be able to get another IDP?
Indeed, as long as you are still possessing a legitimate domestic driver’s permit.