The Dystopian fiction novel has been renewed for another season this July. It is one of the best dramas, if not the best, produced by Hulu. The first season of the show premiered between April 2017 to May 2017. In the May 2017, the show was renewed for a second season which dropped on April 25th, 2018.
The show was again renewed for a third season on May 2018 and actually premiering on June 5th, 2019. Now, it has been renewed for a fourth season. The whole series revolves around the subjection of ‘handmaids’ (fertile women) into childbearing slavery.
The Key cast of the series includes Elizabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski, Alexis Bledel and many more. With season three on our screens and season four on the plans, here are 5 things that you should know before watching the season finale:
1. The red cloaks of the handmaids represent Mary Magdalene who is a sinner in the Bible whereas blue dresses of wives represent the Virgin Mary.
2. The author has been a part of the series. The author of the novel, Atwood had a cameo role in the first episode.
3. The handmaids have got GPS trackers on their ears to track them down.
4. The happenings of the book or series needn’t be a work a fiction. It can be true storytelling.
5. The book has had tons of adaptations, this one just being another adaptation.
The Hulu drama based on Margaret Atwood’s novel is winning hearts of people out there.
The season three left us with a lot of questions for which we are desperate to get answers.
The release date isn’t announced yet but if we go by the history if released seasons, the next season might drop by in about a year. We will have to wait for the next season based on the Dystopian novel to get our required answers.