There is no other place that symbolizes Dubai as much as Palm Jumeirah. In fact, Dubai is incomplete without this artificial and legendary archipelago. Dubai’s most lavish resorts are located on this palm shaped island. There are lots of cool activities and attractions for everyone. If you have an adventurous soul, you should visit Palm Jumeirah. This blog will tell you Things to Do at Palm Jumeirah.
Table of Contents
Free things you can do
1. Walk on the Palm Jumeirah boardwalk
Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk is 11 kilometers long and it is a beautiful walkway located at the coastline in the city. You can either run or just walk to remain fit.
The Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk includes many food trucks, souvenir shops, and refreshment stands. You can also purchase electric things from here.
- Location – Jumeirah coastal area
2. Relax at Ittihad Park
A frequently visited tourist attraction at Palm Jumeirah, Ittihad Park is a popular spot. It was introduced to the public on UAE’s 41st National Day. Ittihad Park is 1.1 million square feet big. It is both sustainable and eco-friendly.
You can see all the native fauna of the city in this single park. People can learn about the versatile plant life while simultaneously enjoying a stroll in the rich greenery. Ittihad Park is open all day throughout the year.
- Location – It’s close to Shakespeare and Co Restaurant
1. Play at Aquaventure Waterpark
If you love adrenaline pumping fun, Aquaventure Waterpark is for you. This is another frequently visited leisure spot in the city. World’s most amazing water slides are added here such as Shockwave, Blackout and Trident.
With it’s 27.5 meters long water ride known as Leap of Faith, you can experience the best fun. This thrilling ride forces you through a glass tube that is surrounded by rays and sharks.
- Location – Atlantis, The Palm
- Timings – 10AM to 6PM. It’s closed on Sunday
- Cost – for adults, AED 169 and for children, it is AED 149
2. Swim with dolphins in The Lost Chambers Aquarium
This aquarium boasts above 60,000 species of marine animals. There are 21 exhibits in total such as the marine flora and fauna from across the world. If you ever visit The Palm, you should definitely pay a visit to The Lost Chambers Aquarium. Apart from their exhibits, there is an underwater yoga class as well.
- Location – The Atlantis
- Timings – 10AM to 9PM
- Cost – AED 115 per person
3. Get on a speedboat ride
This speedboat starts from the Dubai Marina and is 90 minutes long. This exhilarating ride covers the entire Palm Jumeirah, stops for a photoshoot in front of Atlantis and then goes to Burj Al Arab. On the way, you can see some luxurious palaces.
- Location – Dubai Marina, Al Sheba street, behind the Al Rahim Mosque and Lotus Hotel Apartments
- Timings – depends on the availability
- Cost – depends on the duration of the tour. Usually, it is AED 100 to AED 200
4. Paddle around The Palm
If speed boating is too fast for you, then you should try the paddle boat. While enjoying the beautiful views of Dubai Marina, you can kayak around the entire Palm.
If you want to do something more relaxing, you can take paddle boarding sessions, or classes for Pilates and yoga. However, these activities depend on the availability.
- Location – First Al Khail Street, Warehouse number 17, building 2, Al Quoz Industrial Area 1
- Timings – depends on the availability
5. Skydive over The Palm
Skydiving is the ultimate thrill ride. For all adventurous people, there is nothing better than jumping from a plane and viewing the Palm below. Imagine doing this while flying through the sky at a high speed of 120 mph. You can book skydiving at the upscale Palm Dropzone and enjoy the time of your life.
- Location – Al Seyahi Street, Dubai Marina
- Timings – 9AM to 5PM. It’s closed on Wednesday
- Cost – for Tandem skydiving, the price is AED 1499
- For Tandem skydiving with pictures and videos, the price is AED 1699
Laid-back and relaxing activities
1. Enjoy a full spa day at The Talise Ottoman Spa
This premium spa offers a coffee peel treatment while serving authentic Turkish coffee. Their full day luxurious spa comprises a 24 karat gold face mask, a diamond body ritual and rose baths. Offering champagne and caviar, this is also an overnight stay.
- Location – Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
- Timings – 9AM to 9.30PM
- Cost – depends on the treatment
2. Experience the chill at Riva Beach Club in summer
This exotic retreat is an ideal place to beat the heat. It boasts a gazebo, bar, swimming pools and more. Stay at either a private cabana or lounge by the pool while drinking cool cocktails.
- Location – Building 8, The Shoreline, Palm Jumeirah
- Timings – 7.30AM to 12PM
3. Bask in retail therapy at Nakheel Mall
Having more than 300 shops from international brands, Nakheel Mall is your go-to place for shopping in Palm. There’s lots of entertainment options in the mall as well.
For instance, a 15 screen cinema complex and more entertainment across it’s 5 floors. You can visit the rooftop plaza for eating after you’re tired from shopping. Numerous Al fresco choices are served which you can eat while soaking the Palm Jumeirah views.
- Location – Middle of Palm, Al Hilali
- Timings – 10AM to 10PM
Activities for foodies
1. Eat at the world-class buffet at Atlantis
Enjoy a multi-cuisine buffet to treat yourself. The Asian cuisine is the most demanding one. Other significant buffets offered at Palm are Saffron and Kaleidoscope. There are numerous buffet options in Kaleidoscope but the brunch by Saffron offers above 220 delicious dishes.
- Location – Atlantis
- Timings – 12PM to 4PM
- Cost – For Saffron, it’s AED 535. For Kaleidoscope, it’s AED 170
2. Enjoy a hearty meal in restaurants
Restaurants in Palm boast superior quality and taste. You can find all types of cuisines such as Middle Eastern, Italian, Lebanese and more. There are very expensive restaurants in this archipelago too, like Nobu.
- Location – For Nobu, it’s located at ground level of Avenues, Hotel Atlantis
- Timings – from Saturday to Wednesday, 6PM to 11PM. At Fridays, 12PM to 3AM
- Cost – average price for 2 people is AED 460