In 2020, an invisible element entered our system and changed the whole scenario of the world. The COVID-19 virus spread like wildfire and the world came to a hiatus. Every company, every educational institution, and every other workplace had to switch to the remote working method. Investing In An LMS
This sudden change in the working style led to a lot of issues, the most concerning of which was “how would the training sessions be conducted?”. With this question in heat, software companies all over the world started developing learning management systems. Little did they know that the advent of LMS is going to change the way we see and do things.
Companies started investing tons of money in search of a good LMS. Now, there is a myriad of learning management systems in existence and all of them offer a different set of features. Before investing your money in it, how can you make sure that the LMS offers everything that you need?
Let’s take an example of one of the most popular LMS – Thinkific. If you are wondering if investing in this particular LMS is going to give you value for your money, the best way is to look at the Thinkific Reviews that the users have posted all over the internet. If the reviews suit your taste and style, go forward with the investment.
Here are a few more pointers to look for when you are going to invest in any LMS.
- Reliability – Before investing in any LMS, it is a must to look at the features and the interface. If the proficiency of the LMS is up to your desired level, there would be no problem in investing. A learning management system must have a structured platform, free of lags and glitches. Although an LMS provides tons of features if it doesn’t offer what you need, what good would it be to invest in it?
- Tracking and record-keeping– If you are investing in an LMS for training purposes, it would be a good idea to invest in one that lets you track the progress of your employees. Some learning management systems offer excellent progress tracking and record-keeping features. These features are quite handy when you are going to use the LMS to deliver quality training to your employees.
- Gamification – Traditional training tends to get boring, but so does remote training. Long hours of training can get monotonous and the employees would lose interest. However, there is a way to keep the employees engaged and interactive. Gamification mechanics are here to save the day. If the LMS offers gamification, your employees would be able to understand the purpose of the training in a better way and show interest in the content. Gamification leads to fun activities during the training and you can ensure the positive attitude of the trainees.
- Support features – Let’s be honest, learning management systems are software-based applications that can develop technical issues. You might not be able to rectify any and every issue that comes up if you are not a specialist. Before you invest in an LMS, make sure that you are investing in something that delivers 24×7 support services.
- Reviews – Did I fail to mention earlier that reviews are gold mines? Yep, they are. Whatever you want to know about the LMS, you can find it in the reviews section. Read the reviews before you invest in an LMS. You will get an overall feel of how the LMS performs. Reviews hold both pros and cons of a product. Compare the pros with the cons and see which measures are above. Make your decision based on the real-life experiences of the users.
Conclusion – Investing in a learning management system is not a difficult task. Finding the right LMS for your usage is the tricky part. The description of the LMS may describe all the features that you are looking for, but if the reviews say otherwise, that could be a deciding factor. Research thoroughly before you invest in any learning management system. Not everything that glitters is gold and sometimes coal turns out to be a diamond in the rough.