There are no traders who do not fear at all, are not in nature. Trading on the stock exchange is always stressful, even for experienced ones. With anxiety, the traders need to sort out, otherwise, you cannot trade at all.
What are the obstacles to trade:
- they distort the perception of reality and lead to unprofitable decisions
- block the ability to think clearly because of what it is possible to miss the moment, profit, and lose the deposit made to the account
Six major reasons for fears and anxieties of Forex traders
- High expectations. At first, every beginner is sure that in every trade he should make a profit and stay in the black. And the truth is that there were, are, and will be unprofitable trades. This is a normal phenomenon, with which you need to come to terms and learn to live with it.
- Inhibited reaction when entering a trade. When a trader does not know what he will do after opening a trade, panic arises, paralyzing mental abilities and leads to mistakes and losses. Passes as experience is gained.
- An attempt to control a situation that is, in principle, uncontrollable. It is physically impossible to take control of the market. You can only manage what is in the area of personal responsibility – to comply with the rules of your risk management.
- Lack of the skill of objective diagnostics of one’s trade. When there are no major achievements, it seems that there are none at all. But in fact, there are small victories, and on their basis, it is possible to increase the results.
- For traders who do well at the start of the journey, it is difficult to accept periods of downturns and failures. To methodically disassemble flights, learn lessons and adjust the trading style. Use all tools and instruments to get the best result out, Exness mt5 download is accessible for everyone who wishes to start right now.
- Firm confidence in your insolvency. If every unprofitable transaction leads to this, then the problem is not in money, not in the stock exchange, but the psychology of trading and the fears of the person himself. He needs to “grow” his confidence in all directions.
Remember that fear arises when there is a real or perceived threat. This is a defense mechanism of all living beings associated with the instinct of self-preservation.
Table of Contents
How to overcome the worries and fears of a trade
If you are afraid to lose your capital during trading: Place stops and profits, control risks – this is your area of responsibility. Trade only with your own money, do not go into debt. Risk amounts that are not scary and not a pity to lose. If the size of the deposit is too small, even a proven strategy will not save – if the account has less than $ 500, then set the goal to master trading, and not to increase capital. Start with $ 1000, it doesn’t have to be the last and borrowed. Psychologically, you need to be ready to lose this amount, so consider it as a certain kind of training fee.
If you are afraid to make an unprofitable deal: Losses are normal during Forex trading. They can and should be kept under control. Every transaction cannot be profitable. However, you have to mark the limit of probable loss. Let’s say this is 10% of the capital with a deposit of $ 100. And if in one transaction you lose 300 of them, then you must immediately get out of the market and analyze the situation because you made some wrong move.
If you are afraid to make a mistake remember there are no ideal traders, even experienced ones fail. Because the trader manages the market and not the turnover. Remember the rule of Pareto – out of the total number of transactions, only 20% will make a profit, the rest will be unprofitable.
5 tips on how to become a more confident trader
Experienced traders know how to be patient and wait. There is no guarantee of a stable increase in the monthly income in the financial markets. As in any other business, there will be falls. It’s better to let the income grow slowly, but surely, than quickly, but with regular large losses.
Don’t be greedy
New items often open 10-20 transactions per day. This is too much. Inexperienced traders get into the start by closing several successful trades, and this is understandable. They are now ready to trade for days. But it is necessary to do the opposite – to calm down, to stop for 4 hours or at least daily. To understand a picture on the market, this is sufficient. Modern trading platforms offer a wide range of effective analytical tools to help traders.
Work with your emotions
An experienced trader understands the psycho-logic of working with the stresses in trading and is ready for the possible loss of the amount allocated for this specific transaction. He thinks over in advance the scenarios for the development of events and the algorithm of his actions. Do not bargain until you have fulfilled the conditions of the algorithm.
Don’t seek the easy ways, learn the strategy
To achieve results in trading, you need to start thinking strategically, don’t jump into different methods. Most of the starters make the same mistake – that they’ve been looking for an easy method for months instead of deepening themselves into the learning of strategy.
Diversify your trade
Trade different instruments. Diversification is in brief the allocation of your funds between different assets. Investments can be risky, including those in financial markets. There can be factors beyond our control, for example, crises or natural disasters, verbal or real interventions, or probably even market manipulations of major players. For instance, such big players as Elon Musk known for investing in bitcoins can have a significant impact on cryptos trading by publishing his tweets. So, trading portfolio diversification can somehow protect you from certain risks.
Stay in shape
After long working and often stressful hours, it is extremely important to keep your body and mind in the right state. So, push yourself to go outside, take a long walk, listen to calming music, and go into a sports routine. Speaking of exercise, pay attention to the cardio complex which helps you to deal with daily stress. Don’t use too much coffee, instead pay attention to your eating habits and don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Such a daily routine will help you stay fit and focused, it will affect your clear mind and decision-making process.
The main reason can distinguish between successful, experienced traders and less successful in a powerful understanding of the trading psychology. They realize when not to trade and when to get the most profit. Such traders did overcome the fear and frustration of Forex trading.