Tapestries are a fantastic and authentic way to decorate your abode. Whether it’s your living room or your bedroom, a beautiful tapestry can never go wrong with filling up empty walls with grace. This wall art can never get old. In this blog, you will know about Home Decoration Ideas Using Tapestries.
They provide an innovative touch to the interiors, and different colors and textures in tapestries can beautifully blend and enhance your space décor. While purchasing tapestry, make sure to factor in aspects like maintenance, style, wall conditions, etc. For example, polyester tapestries are easier to maintain than hand-made ones.
You can use tapestries to fill up blank walls without going overboard in terms of decoration. But to do that, you will need to have a good understanding of tapestry. You can only be creative with this excellent form of wall art when you have original thoughts.
Why tapestries for decoration?
One cannot deny the aesthetics a tapestry brings to your interiors. You can hang the fabric on the wall or even attach it. You can also frame the tapestry to get a soft, warm, yet unique touch to your interiors.
The tapestries are made of some unique theme, which includes a blend of colors and patterns. It breaks the monotonous look of the room and makes it very lively. They are dynamic and attention-grabbing pieces of art.
Ideas to decorate with tapestries
Polyester is a fabric that has an aesthetic appeal. And polyester tapestries are high-quality and soft, and therefore, look rich as wall art. Even though polyester tapestries contain detailed hand-made designs, in reality, they are generally made using machines; not crafted by artisans.
- You can hang these tapestries on the surface of your wall, which would make it easy for you to take them down when necessary. One of the best things about these tapestries is that they are made of non-allergic fabrics and easily washed and scrubbed.
- These tapestries are machine-made and thus tend to have bright colors. It means you can put them in a bright environment without any worries.
- They can usually cover massive blank walls, but you can go for smaller sizes as well. You can also find polyester tapestry that goes from your ceiling to the floor.
- These tapestries have specific themes, like nature, patterns, symbols, mandalas, etc. You can choose any of them depending on the interiors and, of course, your preferences.
- Tapestries can also be used as cushion covers, couch covers, etc. They are much more than a simple element for wall decoration.
You can attach a beautiful tapestry to the wall of your favorite room, to create a unique and appealing style. Instead of hanging the wall art, you can attach it to create a flatter and blended appearance. It would make the room have a dynamic and different outlook.
- You can use it attached to walls, on the entire blank space of the wall. This would make an interesting color contrast with the rest of the walls in the room. These are very lively and can take up your interior decoration to the next level.
- Before attaching the tapestry, ensure that your wall is clean and smooth. Uneven surfaces on the wall, air bubbles, and creases will not create that perfect look for this type of tapestry.
- These also come in various attractive colors and patterns. You can even choose the neutral and the plain ones or the ones with geometric shapes.
Hand crafted tapestries
Nothing can beat a handmade piece of art, and that is why it is our favorite. These are crafted in a loom and are designed with the use of delicate embroidery. They are generally quite big and have frills or other decorations which make them more beautiful. You can attach these tapestries to the wall with the help of a horizontal rod.
- They have a unique appearance as they are crafted by hand. They are indeed fine and classy work.
- You can get these tapestries in attractive colors and neutral tones. Either way, their main attraction lies in being handmade.
- You can give your interiors a bohemian or any other vibe with the help of these tapestries. They are unusual decorative items that look original and feel innovative.
- They have strings on the lower part of the tapestry, which enhances its appeal. Looking at them, you will have a feeling of suspension, like they are falling.
- These handmade tapestries also add warmth and softness to your interiors.
Depending on your preferences, you can choose to go with any of the tapestry options listed here. They all look great and can entirely transform the appearance of the interiors magically. In fact, tapestries can easily be used for both classic and trendy wall décor.