If you recently updated your iPhone to iOS 13 or your iPad to iPad iOS 13 and you can’t work out how to manually update your installed apps, then you’ve come to the right place. Apple made changes to the App Store for both iOS 13 and iPadOS.
One of the main changes is around App updates. The App Store updates are no longer available in the ‘Updates’ tab on the app store. The Updates tab has now been replaced with ‘Arcade’ in the App Store. But worry not, because we take you through a step by step guide as to how you can update your apps in Apple’s newest iOS version.
Apple’s all new display
App updates now live in the App Store’s Account screen, which you can access by tapping your profile picture in the top-right corner of the interface. Scroll down and you’ll see any pending app updates followed by recently updated apps in chronological order. You can either tap Update All at the top of the list or update your apps on an individual basis. Otherwise, nothing much else has changed about the update process in iOS 13.
Here’s how to update yours apps in ios 13
- Tap on the App Store app to get started.
- Tap on the Today tab at the bottom.
- Click on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- This brings up the account details.
- Scroll down to the section ‘Available Updates’
- Tap on ‘Update All’ to get all the app updates OR.
Update your apps using these quick tips
If you feel a little fancy or simply don’t have the patience to wither about the new display, you can also update your apps by following these quick tips.
- Long-press the App Store icon and choose Updates from the Quick Action menu.
- Tap your profile icon in the App Store and choose Update.