As Spotify expands its service and moves further into the world of podcasting, the company has updated its playlist feature works.
Users can now make podcast playlists and also create playlists with both music and podcasts. For now, making playlists with the podcast analytic is only available on iOS and Android, although Spotify hints that the functionality will be coming to the desktop as well. However, playlists with podcasts made on the mobile app will sync to the desktop.
Get to know the update
With its newest update, Spotify put its personalization engine to work to combine both music and news from select sources. But with the ability to now build your own podcast-filled playlists, you won’t have to rely on Spotify’s curation as much.
Instead, you can build your own podcast playlists by tapping the three-dot menu to the right of the podcast episode and then ‘Add to playlist.’ You either can choose to add it to a playlist you’ve already created, or you can build a new one from scratch.
Here’s how to get a podcast on Spotify:
- First and foremost, download Spotify from the App or Play store. Once it is installed on your device, click on the Spotify icon in order to launch the application.
- Simply navigate to a podcast episode you love.
- Tap the three dots to the right of the track or episode.
- Tap “Add to playlist.”
- Select a playlist you’ve already created you like to add it to.
- Or, tap to create a new playlist from scratch.
- Play around with interspersing podcast episodes with music tracks to curate hand-picked listening sessions.
- Share with your friends or make your playlists public—others are sure to love them too!
Then, once you’re ready to play hours of queued-up content, head back to ‘Your Library’ to see all your playlists in one place under the ‘Playlists’ tab in Music. Sound familiar? If you’ve ever made a playlist for your favorite songs, you’re already a pro.