Netflix and Stan compete fiercely for market share in the Australian streaming market. Netflix, which launched in 1997 as a DVD-by-mail service, started its streaming service in 2007. Nine Network and Fairfax Media launched Stan in early 2015.
Since then, both companies have been striving to gain an advantage over the other. Netflix has been focusing on expanding its content library, while Stan has been concentrating on improving its user experience.
It is significant because it means that two of the world’s biggest players in streaming are now competing for head-to-head in Australia. As a result, Australians finally have a real choice about which video streaming service to use.
Hence, this will likely result in increased competition and innovation in this space. So, to keep yourself updated, visit howtowatch.com.au for more info!
Netflix and Stan have quite similar content, with some variations. But which one is better? So, let’s take a look!
Table of Contents
Stan Vs Netflix – Which One Is Better?
Netflix has been around for a while and is a great way to watch old movies and TV shows that you have missed. Stan is a relatively new company but is catching up quickly. Both Netflix and Stan have their features to compete against.
Netflix and Stan offer a range of different packages, with prices that vary depending on what you want to watch. On top of that, both Netflix and Stan offer a free trial period. Netflix offers a one-month trial, while Stan offers a seven-day trial.
Hence, Netflix’s most popular package, the Standard plan, costs $16.99 per month and allows you to watch content on two screens simultaneously. However, if you want to watch content on four screens simultaneously, you need to upgrade to the Premium plan, which costs $19.99 per month.
Stan offers a slightly different pricing structure. The Standard includes access to HD content and allows you to watch on three screens at the same time costs $14 per month.
With that, if you want to watch 4K quality video streaming on four screens, you need to upgrade to Stan’s $17 Premium package.
Netflix and Stan are two of the most popular streaming services in Australia. Both offer a large selection of TV shows and movies, but there are some key differences between their content libraries.
Netflix has a larger selection of movies than Stan. Stan has a larger selection of TV shows than Netflix. Netflix has a much more extensive selection of TV shows than Stan, like House of Cards, The Crown, and more. Yet, Stan has a larger selection of international TV shows than Netflix.
There’s no doubt that Netflix has a much larger library than Stan, with 6000+ TV shows and movies, while Stan has around 1500+. Yet, Netflix’s library is not all available in Australia. In addition, some content is only available in certain countries.
For example, the entire Star Trek series is only available on Netflix in the US. But apart from that, Stan offers several exclusive TV shows that Netflix does not have. For Example, Wolf Creek, Bloom, No Activity, and many more.
Kids Programs and Other Features
Netflix has been ramping up its kid’s programs in recent years and has some great titles that are now available to stream. Stan is also a great option for parents looking for quality kids’ programming, with a range of titles covering ages and interests.
While both have been stepping up their game for kids’ programs, Netflix invests in original programming for children, such as The Dragon Prince and Lost in Space.
Stan has also followed suit, with their originals such as The Upside Down Show and The Day My Butt Went Psycho.
Hence, there are many reasons why Netflix and Stan are great places for kids’ programming. Firstly, they both have a large library of shows appropriate for children of all ages. Finally, they both have a variety of genres represented in their genres.
Netflix and Stan are streaming services that offer a wide range of TV shows and movies to their users. As can be seen, both services are available on many devices. But there are some differences in terms of compatibility.
- Netflix is available on a wider range of devices than Stan.
- Netflix is available on smart TVs, gaming consoles, streaming media players, tablets, smartphones, and computers.
- But, Stan is only available on smart TVs, streaming media players, and tablets.
- Meanwhile, Stan is also available on Android and iOS devices and Chromecast, Apple TV, Telstra TV, and Playstation 4.
- Similarly, Netflix is available on Android and iOS devices. Also, Chromecast, Apple TV, Telstra TV, Playstation 3 and 4, Xbox 360 and One, and some smart TVs.
Netflix and Stan are both video streaming services that have become hugely popular in Australia. They offer a great range of movies and TV shows to watch. But there are some major differences between their user interfaces.
- Netflix has a much more friendly user interface than Stan. It is easy to find what you want to watch, and the layout is simple and organized.
- However, Stan’s user interface is not as good as Netflix’s. Looking for what you want to watch can be difficult, and the layout is not as organized.
- Netflix’s user interface is also straightforward to use. It has a black background with white text, and all the menus are easy to find.
- Comparatively, Stan’s user interface is a lot more cluttered and confusing. For example, there are different colors and fonts. So, it can be problematic to find what you’re looking for.
- Similarly, Netflix has a red and white theme, while Stan has a green and white theme.
- Netflix has a more minimalist design, while Stan has a more cluttered design.
- Moreover, Netflix focuses on the movie and TV show posters, while Stan also includes categories for music, books, and other content.
Netflix and Stan are currently the two biggest streaming services in Australia. Both offer a great range of TV shows and movies. But which one is the best?
Netflix is more expensive than Stan, but it has a much larger library. Stan has a lot of Australian content, and a few American TV shows that Netflix doesn’t have. Overall, both services are great, but the choice lies with the viewer depending on user preference of titles.
Netflix has a grander library of movies and TV shows than Stan, but Stan has the advantage of Australian exclusives. If you want the widest range of content and more variety, Netflix is the better choice. If you want Australian content, Stan is the better and cheaper option.