Building software to support a website or app is a complicated endeavour. It can involve many different tools and resources, as well as the need for coding knowledge.
The process of how to build a trading system is distinct from building a more general corporate website or a vacation rental website. For most projects, some tips will help you make sure your project runs smoothly.
Choosing a web hosting company with reliable servers, support staff, and security features
- The two most popular options for web hosting would be Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services (AWS), both have free tier plans which offer everything needed to run a small website.
- HostGator is reasonably priced for a starting package that includes 1 domain name and unlimited disk space and bandwidth with email accounts inbuilt – making it quick and easy to set up!
- Bluehost is another alternative that offers free domain names for one year as well as an attractive discounted rate for annual renewals, providing unbeatable value.
Choosing a CMS
Content management systems can be categorized by the type of website they are best suited for. For example, there are content management systems for:
- Shopping cart systems or e-commerce sites
- Public health and environmental agencies, hospitals, universities, government offices, etc.
There is an appropriate CMS for every project! So, a good way to determine which one you need would be to look at the features, functionality, and implementation costs.
- Does it have the features you need?
- How easy is it to use and maintain?
- What’s your budget for a CMS?
Some popular options are WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, or Magento. For basic CMS, WordPress is generally considered one of the easiest places to start. You can use React for building reactive user interfaces or try using AngularJS or Vue.JS.
Developing a website theme
You need to consider functionality. For example, as we mentioned earlier, a vacation rental website builder will likely use different theme options than those for a trading platform.
Let’s take a closer look at what is required for each platform.
Features of a trading platform
What features should a trading platform have?
- A good trading platform must have a good trading engine, as it is the heart of how trades get executed.
- It needs to be able to support a variety of asset classes and provide robust analytical tools for traders.
- The platform should also have seamless integration with other business systems like CRM or BI platforms so that all data can be available in one place.
To build a website theme, you will first need to set up your project directory. This should include the following:
- A README document that contains information about how to use the site as well as what is in it.
- Your web design files (HTML and CSS)
Feature of a vacation rental website
On the other hand, for a good vacation rental website, it must:
- be easily navigable, so visitors can find locations and properties.
- have an excellent mobile interface so even if people are on the go they can still book their perfect beach bungalow or surf house without any fuss.
- feature a search function that’s easy to use, filters for price range, and the number of bedrooms.
- have a booking management system that integrates with social media. This allows the site owner to post about properties on their Facebook page or Twitter account.
- feature shortcodes to generate lists of properties: “Luxury Houses” or “Cheap Condos”.
- allow embed codes from YouTube, Vimeo, etc. to allow hosts to feature their properties on your site.
What are the essential coding tools and resources for building your vacation rental website?
- You will also need to integrate payment gateways into your websites such as PayPal, Stripe, and major credit cards.
Of course, for a vacation rental website, SEO is vital! The site must be designed with SEO principles in mind; these include optimizing key pages, tags, and keywords.
Don’t forget to integrate Google Analytics into your site, as it will help you track visitor behaviour, user engagement metrics (bounce rates), conversions from visits to sign-ups, and sales made.
Building a website, whether it is a trading platform or vacation rental website requires a range of skills, from coding and design to marketing and SEO. The tools outlined in this article will help you create your website with optimal site performance.
If your coding skills or knowledge of website architecture is not enough, many expert developers can help you with these skills.
Build your website today, optimize performance with the best tools and resources and then watch it grow!