People and business are constantly on the move. According to the most recent US census, the United States is currently home to over 327 million people. Statistics show that nearly 15 percent of the population moves annually. This is more than 49 million people who pack their bags and move. This massive migration creates an opportunity for the development of an off-site cleaning services business. As people and businesses move, they need to clear their previous location or make sure their new environment is “ready to go.” Cleaning companies can fill this business niche by providing a so-called “onsite cleaning” service. This can be the perfect complementary service and a great way for your commercial cleaning company to make more money!
What is an outdoor cleaning services?
This type of service usually includes what we call “deep cleaning”. Deep cleanBrisbanecan include washing, wiping, scrubbing just about anything that needs it. Windows, cabinets, walls, ceilings, floors, vents, lamps, blinds, you name it: – You will probably be cleaning this. It may also require maintenance on certain types of floors or other surfaces. Carpets may need washing and dry cleaning. Hard floor surfaces may need a new floor finish or polish.
The main problem that most cleaning companies face when providing this type of service is time constraints. Commercial building owners will want the location to be cleaned from top to bottom, and in most cases a timeline is required. Most owners want to get their premises cleaned as soon as possible for their new business, new tenants or property sales.
How do you find opportunities to provide a cleaning services?
A good place to start looking for move / checkout cleaning is to contact commercial contractors or real estate offices. If you have been cleaning commercial buildings for a while, your clients will no doubt ask you to provide cleaning services. It’s also a good idea to tell your customers that this is the service you provide.
At first start with entry / exit cleaning; it may be necessary to meet with the contact point to get an estimate of the time it will take to clean the building. Once you’ve established a relationship with the decision maker, you can skip the estimate and just bill for your time. If the job involves cleaning your carpet or caring for your hard floor, be sure to charge extra for these special services.
Remember that it makes sense to speak with the contact person before starting any work to discuss time frames, scope of work and waiting times. Make sure your Cleaners have access to electricity and running water. A few minutes spent on details today can save you hours of work later.
How should I rate cleaning services?
Prices will vary depending on the type of object you are cleaning, cleaning specifications and the time frame provided by the customer. Prices range from $ 5 to $ 15 per hour. Again, this depends on your cleaning company, your costs and overheads, and your profit expectations.
What steps are required for a successful outdoor cleaning?
When spring clean Brisbane commercial buildings, there are several steps you must take to ensure your success and your customers’ satisfaction.
Use teams of 2 to 4 people, depending on the size of the building. Large teams may be needed for large commercial sites.
Employees must be experts in the tasks they perform. For example, in a team of two, one person will be assigned to clean the window and vacuum. One person will be assigned to clean the bathrooms, break rooms, vacuum cleaner and commercial doors mop the floors.
For teams of two or more people, appoint a leader. They will be responsible for completing their assigned tasks, managing time and controlling quality. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all equipment and supplies are delivered to the job site and reassembled at the end of the job. I cannot tell you how many times our cleaners have left behind cleaning equipment and partially used detergents.
Onsite cleaning of premises: simple tips and methods
- Start cleaning by removing any large pieces of debris. Collect all trash that is too large to clean. A vacuum cleaner will be faster and more efficient without having to stop, lift or move large waste.
- Proper cleaning of the premises is an important step in cleaning. Using a vacuum cleaner with the appropriate attachments can speed up your tasks.
- Remember to tidy up from top to bottom including lights, window openings, blinds, ceiling vents, heaters, and along baseboards.
- Use a microfiber mop to clean ceilings, walls, baseboards and doors.
- After picking up the debris and vacuuming, start washing off the adhering dust and dirt. Chemicals to have on hand include: dishwashing detergent, oven cleaner, window cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, degreaser, pH neutral floor cleaner. Save money by using concentrated chemicals, not RTU (ready-to-use) chemicals.
- Windows and glass entrance doors should be cleaned with an applicator and a mop. Use scrapers to remove stickers and mistakes. Make sure the window is wet when using these tools, otherwise you may scratch the glass. Window frames and walkways should be vacuumed and then wiped clean.
- Provide an appropriate holding time for the chemicals to work. Ensure that your employees have appropriate personal protective equipment (gloves, goggles, etc.) and training in chemical safety.
- To clean surfaces, you will need suitable cleaning products such as sponges, brushes and scrapers. Be careful when using these tools – you don’t want to damage the surfaces.
- For most cleaning tasks, use paper towels, terry cloths, or microfiber cloths. Use a green microfiber cloth for dusting; blue for windows, glass and polished surfaces; red for cleaning toilets and yellow for countertops, sinks and walls.
- Have a variety of brushes on hand for general and special cleaning. Use brushes for grouting, cleaning grout from countertops and ceramic tiles. Toothbrushes can be used to clean around faucets and other fixtures.
- Cleaning mops can be used wet or dry. Used for washing, cleaning, and cleaning a variety of surfaces including floors, stairs, walls, railings and posts.
- Use white cloths for glass, chrome, stainless steel and plastic surfaces. White wipes are not as abrasive as green wipes.
- Use reusable professional scrapers to remove dirt on open surfaces.
- Save time by pre-spraying the inside of your microwave and refrigerator with a spray bottle. When cleaning rooms, kitchens, do not forget to disconnect the stove and refrigerator from the network. Clean walls, sides of appliances, sides of cabinets, etc. Also clean the hood and filters.
- Wash the floor last. Use a backpack-style vacuum cleaner to permanently clean the floor, then wipe down hard floors. The first thing most people notice is a beautiful floor. This will project cleanliness in all other places.